Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I GOT SPARE TIME

My co-blogger is at work and part of the reason why I am doing this post is to see how long it takes for her to realize that it exists, and the other reason why is because I have not blogged in a long time and quite frankly that last post on this blog was rubbish (I was sitting here trying to think of the word that I wanted to use, I knew that it was tucked away in my British vocabulary, but it at first I couldn't find it, thank heavens it resurrected itself). So here is a new post that will hopefully redeem this site as one worth keeping tabs on and reading.

Our Relationship:
For reasons we cannot figure out, many people have asked me and my co-blogger how living together is going. They ask questions such as "Have you killed each other yet?" First of all this is the most ridiculous questions EVER! Clearly we have not killed each other yet if those who ask us this question ask BOTH of us. Secondly, from friends we have learned that there are more creative ways to get rid of roommates. Murder could go on our permanent record, who needs that hassle when the problem could be solved another way. Co-habitating has had quite the opposite effect on us. We are truly one mind and one heart. Codi introduced a marvelous game to me. It is basically a twenty questions, but with a twist. The person whose "turn" it is thinks of a person that both people know. Then the guesser begins to ask "yes or no" questions, they are allowed to ask 20 questions before they have to guess who the person being thought of is. I must admit Codi has only been able to stump me a few times, I am the champion. The record held by me is guessing who the person was in just 3 questions. If that is not an example of one mind, there is not an example of one mind.

Baseball:
For those of you who are true Americans you know as well as we do that "Baseball is America's favorite pastime" (what movie is that from?). The season is in full swing, finally. We support two main baseball clubs. The first being the Kansas City Royals and the second being a little college team called the Emporia State Hornets. Unfortunately we have only been able to attend one game so far at the "K", but HOPEFULLY that will all change this weekend. Even though we have only been to one game, it was as memorable as about 10 games. We sat behind a bunch of guys who kept offering us free beer and who did their own hot dog toss for the lucky patrons sitting in section 140. We played the twins (they don't deserve to be capitalized), I think that I dislike their fans more than I dislike their team. We learned a most valuable lesson, cops steal too. And to top off the already cold night, it started to snow. That was a personal first for me, watching baseball in the snow. As for the Hornets.... they are doing wonderful. As far as I know they are still undefeated after about 35 games. They were stomping their competition at the game on Saturday. Codi and I have the opportunity to attend class with one of the players, he got hit in the shoulder twice at bat on Saturday. Somewhat hate to admit this but, I think he deserved it. It was the back to back home-runs by one of the players that put us so far in the lead. With any luck both teams will CONTINUE to have a good season.

SCHOOL:
It is finally coming to an end. THANK GOODNESS. As long as I live I don't think that I will ever be able to says enough times how much group projects blow. Talk about punishment! If you hate a class give them a group project, I think that is the motto that some teacher lead with. I was left hanging by a "group member" last week for a class presentation. Luckily trusting people is not one of my strengths so we were able to pull out a presentation. Codi is currently in a living hell (also known as a group project) and I'm getting ready to start another one. The semester ends in 4 weeks, we have come this far, because of the strength that we receive from our roommates we will probably be able to make it to the end of the semester. Papers and other projects are starting to come due, and they are a hassle too, but they will get done. I had to create a website that is smashing! I'll put the link up when it is finished. The other bad news about school is that once this semester ends, there will be another semester to come after it. Sometimes life is a cruel joke.

Family:
This is my favorite part! We are going home this weekend to visit the land that we love and the people that we love. Hopefully, our long lost sister in Utah will find out that she and her family will be moving back to KS and we can all be together again. We love our other sister who is currently halfacop but soon will be the real deal. We are so proud of her and cannot wait to construct her graduation present. On that note, she has had more graduations than all of us. That thought just came into my head. Anyways, remember cops steal too. Our dad is the best, our mom makes sure we haven't killed each other yet, and our brothers give us something to talk about. But most importantly the newest members of our family, our nieces, make us look forward to going home SO MUCH! Our sister-in-laws, and brother-in-law aren't too bad either. How we love them all!

Pictures:
If I could get my computer and my camera to work together, the pictures I would have downloaded would have gone here. Just use your imagination!

4 comments:

Miss Badonkadonk said...

You forgot to mention your favorite niece in the family portion. Maybe for that you won't get to see her this weekend!

C7 said...

i CANNOT believe she did that. my co-blogger was not using her head. as you can see, she is NOT the favorite auntie.

C7 said...

emily read it now!

Lydia said...

Creative ways to get rid of roommates? What could those be?