Thursday, February 2, 2012

Phyllis

I learned the other day that Phyllis is the name of Punxatawney Phil's wife, but then I learned on the radio this morning that ground hogs do not co-habitat with other ground hogs (or any other animal for that matter) but that they just have "relations" with other ground hogs and then go back to their own homes/burrows. I also learned that their 22 teeth never stop growing, like Gary Busey's. Sorry couldn't resist.

This week started out in the crapper so I have had to look for the small and simple things to help me through. Here they are:

1. Being told by one of my student's that I look like a hip hopper on Monday and making some acquaintances at my gym.
2. Being reminded of D & C 35:14 on Tuesday
3. Dominating at jump rope during afternoon recess on Wednesday. And by dominating I don't mean jumping on the rope and breaking it. I successfully taught several 5th grade girls the "art" of "jumping in," and incase you are doubting, jumping in is an art. I'm gonna teach them some of these tricks this next recess. Particuarlly the one with the bike. Teach in a teachable moment!

Love and Groundhogs

No comments: