Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Please, let it be steroids!

As previously mentioned in another post, I am a member of a gym. The gym is one of the things that I will miss about St Joseph, because it is kind of a nice set up. The membership doesn't cost that much, it is open 24 hrs a day, and there is a good variety of equipment. However, some would say it is in a questionable part of town. As long as I am not raped or my car is messed with, that does not bother me. It does however, present some interesting/questionable activities.

Case 0000000001
One beautiful bright afternoon I saw a car with a couple of white dudes park outside the gym. I thought it was weird because they never got out of their car. Personally I hesitate, A LOT, whether to go workout or not, but if I make the decision to drive to the gym I usually get my fat butt out of the car right when I get there so I can get it over with (although one time I did drive over there and was like, "nope, this isn't going to happen", and kept driving right past the gym. I think it was just one time that I did that.). Like most people, I try to keeps tabs on suspicious people or situations. Most people do that right? So I kept watching these white dudes in this car, they were there for a considerable amount of time. Then another white dude pulls up, gets out of his vehicle and approaches these white dudes in the car. He doesn't get in the car with them, he just talks to them through the passenger side window. There is a handshake and then their conversation is over and the one guy comes into the gym. The other two white dudes drive away.

Case 0000000002
Same situation as case# 0000000001. Beautiful afternoon, 2 white dudes driving a car and one white dude approached them after they had been parked for a few minutes. They share a handshake and then 2 white dudes drive away and one white dude enters the gym. After this encounter I have 2 questions, #1 What is he buying? Is he buying steroids? If he is, I don't think they are helping him any, because I have seen this guy multiple times at the gym and he is no more muscular than the previous sighting. (Although he could be saying the exact same thing about me. "Great she's over there huffin' and puffin' and gigglin' on that treadmill AGAIN!"). Is he buying something a little bit stronger than steroids? I hope not, I don't like to think that I am witnessing a hard core drug deal. Question #2 What does he do for work? Both of these situations have happened in the middle of the day. Does he work nights? Or is he a teacher who gets laid off every summer like me? I hope not. Those summer lay-offs really suck.

I'll probably never have answers to these questions, unless I strike up a conversation in the gym with him and ask him what he does for a living. IF that ever happens I will amend this post. I did try to find a picture to include in this post, but all of the pictures I saw had a white dude with a black guy or a hispanic gentleman. I just didn't feel right about that, so....no picture.

No comments: