Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fears

I used to only have one fear and that was disappointing my parents. I have outgrown that fear. I now have 2 fears that I think might be more tragic than diappointing my parents. Fear numero uno - falling in the shower, becoming unconscious (or dying) and then someone (my emergency contacts = Lucky!) finding my body, NAKED in my bathroom. This is a real fear. Now, the one positive aspect of this situation is...if I did die and someone had to find my naked body, at least I would never have to face them again and be all embarraced about having to look at them after they had seen me naked! If I didn't die and just passed out, then I would have to face those emergency contact people at Thanksgiving and Christmas and all other family gatherings and it just would not be a good situation. If this situation ever happens, I might just perfer to die.

Fear numero dos - walking in on one of my co-workers while they are using the bathroom. You might be asking yourself why I would even be worried about this and if you read on you will find out. At my pervious employer there was one staff bathroom and that was in the office. Naturally I could not be bothered to walk myself all the way down to the office to use the bathroom when the student bathroom was literally right across the hall from me. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I used the desinated staff bathroom. At my current employer there are multiple staff bathrooms and they are all what I like to call a single seater (meaning there is only one toilet in the bathroom). Staffers enter the bathroom and need to lock the door behind them before they settle in to do their business. I can be forgetful sometimes and therefore I think other people could probably be foregettful sometimes. In this single seater community bathroom, you DO NOT want to be forgetful. I am worry that one of these days I am going to walk right in on a co-worker and then I will have to either resign my position immediately, so I never have to see that person again, or I will just have to die. I have come up with a system to prevent this from ever happening. I open the door to the bathroom incredibly slow so that if someone is in there, they have a chance to stop me before I see anything that could scar our working relationship for life.

If you cannot relate to my fears, you might be able to relate to some of these fears.

No comments: