Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Comedy Hour with Dr. K.

My lit professor is the most hilarious instructor that I have ever had in my entire academic career. Everyday we meet she has at least one story from her insane life. She is shameless in her delivery of the stories, she never holds back. I really appreciate this style of instruction mostly because I have her class right before I have to go to work and I like to think of her class as the calm before the storm . Today she was telling us about what we as education majors have to look forward to. She related to us this story about how a student threatened her and what her response was. She gave us a little bit of background on the student which is as follows. The student is male, about 6'5, a good student, someone that Dr. K had some respect for. He had turned in a paper 2 days late and 3 pages too short, turning in such paper had earned him a D. Needless to say he was a little miffed. So he approached Dr. K, got in her face and told her that he did not appreciate the grade that she "gave" him. She then informed him that she does not "give" out grades but gives what is earned, and that considering the circumstances the grade that he got was generous. He proceeds to tell her that he does not appreciate that and he knows where she lives. (This is the best part) She then tells him "Well, I own a hand gun so come on over!" Believe it or not, the subject was quickly dropped and the student left without another word.
Later her graduate students asked her, what do you do if you don't own a hand gun and one of your students threatens you? To this she responded, go buy one. This is just one of many gun stories that she has shared with us. She is a true believer of the right to bare arms.

5 comments:

sunshinydy19 said...

hahahahahahahahahahah

Heidi said...

i like Gile Gurls!!

J.S. said...

The right to bare arms is nice, but the right to bare butts is better.

sunshinydy19 said...

^ THAT guy is a serious weirdo. PS apparantly I'm handicapped because I've tried to do the word verification twice now and can't get it!

J.S. said...

Whatever, your just jealous because you didn't think of it first.