A Rant Against Academic Professionals
I received a paper back this week and I'm a little ticked off about the grade that I "earned." What makes it worse is that this is in my favorite class with the professor that I love (not to be confused with the professor that has a crush on me). What makes me so upset is that we have done numerous "trial" papers for this professor, all of these "trial" papers have been pass/fail. If you turn in the paper you get the points. None of these "trial" papers were returned before our first big essay was due. So as a student how was I suppose to know what I needed to fix, change, or concentrate on in my writing? I'm not saying that my professor is completely at fault, did I feel like I was turning in my best essay EVER? Of course not, I had put it off to the last minute like I do everything else. But I still think that I pose a pretty good question. Now I'm going to have to work every hard about not having hard feelings towards her for the rest of the semester. Good thing we are almost done reading those silly poems, or this task would be easier said than done.
One more thread to the rant: I had to do a research paper last semester and the topic that I chose was Hurricane Katrina. It was a huge research paper with loads of requirements. It was also due at the end of the semester. I spent all of this time on it, trying to make it sound decent and then just finally turned it in. Later I go to look at my grade and find that I received all the points possible for the paper. Within my hearts of hearts I know that the paper I turned in was not an A+ paper. Does the grade make me mad? Yes. I had poured all of this time into my paper and my instructor doesn't even take the time to correct my mistakes and tell me how to improve. Isn't that her job?
That is the end of the rant, I hope that you don't feel stupider for reading it.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your paper. Nice photo of Cassi. I don't know how to add friends on here, but I am now a member of the blogging community...check out halfacop...
Post a Comment