Saturday, May 3, 2008

Checkin' In

After the placement of a not so flattering picture of myself posted by my co-blogger, I must check this blog regularly to make sure that act has not been repeated. She is one sneaky son of a gun, always trying to take picture of me when I'm doing seemingly ridiculous things, when in all actuality there is a perfectly good explanation for the reason I look so crazy. This week she tried to take some more of those pictures. I was more than relieved to check the blog and see the pictures have not been posted. I'm so pure in heart that I don't' think of embarrassing others in a vulnerable state, therefore never have my camera handy when one of these moments occurs. Sad to say my co-blogger is of a different sort.

The real reason I'm writing this morning is because I have until noon on Monday to write a research paper for my Literature class. In all the times I have sat down to do homework at the computer I suddenly have a huge desire to blog. Wonder why? Normally I wouldn't be so worried about cranking out a paper, but this is a research paper making it kind of difficult. "Top Girls" by Caryl Chruchill is my topic. Kind of crazy play but my topic is pretty good, well at least I think that it is. I did not have the privilege of attending Comedy Hour with Dr. K. on Friday, her presence was required at her mother's 70th birthday party. Her comedy services were not needed yesterday, I created my own excitement when I got to take the kids I was babysitting on an emergency trip to the Doctor's office! It was a first for me, do you know of anyone else who needs some babysitting services?!?!?!?!? Don't worry it was all fixed with a large grape slush from Sonic. Honestly what can't a happy hour drink or slush from Sonic fix?

(This next section is dedicated to Karen B. for she requested to hear it)
Group Projects:
I am currently enrolled in a Public Relations class. I honestly enjoy the class even though I think that a lot of it is common sense. The one irritating thing about this class is that we have had to complete 3 group projects. They have all sucked! The latest sucked because the student who said he would type up the outline and email it to all of the group members, didn't. We all waited until the Sunday night before we would present to not receive an email from him. So taking matters into my own hands I typed up an outline for the chapter on Non-Profit Agencies that we would have to present the next day, took the outline to class and handed it out to the other group members who had bothered to show up early, lastly I handed it to the student that was suppose to do it in the first place and told him that this was what we were doing now, after he showed up 10 minutes late to class. We present, and do a less than decent job because no one has been given the chance to get familiar with what they are presenting. And then guess what happens? The student that prevented our group from succeeding delivers this amazing analogy that leaves the teacher bowing down and praising him, figuratively. At the end of the "performance" she announces to the class that she wants all of us to do as this student had just done and really think about and apply the things that she recites to us in class. I COULD HAVE PUKED! This is the same teacher who a few weeks later would present to the baseball player in our class a wooden bat because of the 6 home runs he would hit in the game the night before. Even though this student comes to class about 1/3 of the time and doesn't contribute AT ALL when he is there. Needless to say these situations and a few choice others have got me re-evaluating my degree. Do I really want to be in this environment for the next 3 years? I think not.

I have not wasted a sufficient amount of time yet, so I will post an entry for my gratitude journal (this will make me feel better after getting out all of my aggression on the previous paragraph)
1. The semester is almost over
2. Moms who know how to take care of their kids and when their kid is in their arms everything is okay
3. Institute (this week was really good, maybe that is because i skipped last week)
4. Movies where you can make ridiculous comments or insightful comments, to the people that you are watching it with. Especially movies that get you thinking
5. Modern technology and the ability to WOW people with it.
6. Baseball and baseball calendars
7.Getting to go home next weekend
8.Spellcheck

3 comments:

Karen Ruth said...

Oh Cassi...thank you. So, there are two more weeks of class and guess who has only one paper but four group projects left?! I'm rrrreally ready to be done with school, but unfortunately still have at least another year or two. Here's to long summer vacations...

C7 said...

yes, summer vactions would be nice, but i don't get one, i'm taking 11 hours this summer!

Karen Ruth said...

yuck.