Saturday, October 18, 2008
Should Have Bought a Pocket Knife...
No lie, eariler this evening I was talking with a friend about the lack of security at my over night job. He told me that I should invest in a pocket knife or some mace. To be honest I have never felt unsafe at my job... until tonight. I was falling asleep and decided I should go steal some soda from the restaurant at the other hotel to help me stay awake (mind you this was after I had already drank my frozen Mountain Dew). On my way down there I noticed that the door to our housekeeping room is wide open and all the lights are on. I thought my boss's van was parked right outside the door so I didn't think too much about it, but still it was weird. I went and got my Pepsi (yum) and was talking to the desk clerk at the other hotel and the way she described my boss's car wasn't what I thought it was. This is where I get the great idea to do some investigative work. I walked back to our housekeeping room where the door was still wide open and all the lights still on, and I go in. I yell "HELLO? HELLO?" I don't hear anything so I turn off one of the lights and turn around to leave when this man creeps out of the shadows. He is totally ratty looking and is holding a sickle (like thrust in your sickle) that has blood on the end. Just kidding, sorry mom and dad! Seriously though I did go in and yell "Hello?" but there was no old man so I turned off the lights and locked the door and headed back to my position at the front desk. Now that is totally weird so it has kinda kept me on edge all night. I have only 3 hours and 20 minutes to go on my shift so I think I'll make it. IF for some reason I don't please know that I loved almost everyone who reads this blog, and I would like to request that a medley of Mariah Carey songs be performed at my funeral. Stick to the classics and you can't go wrong. Oh, also dibs on the burial plot next to Grandma Gile. Called it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
you're nuts...seriously
You. are. so. weird. But I love you anyway. I am glad nobody got stabbed, especially you. Where would I be without you and Codi and Dwight and a $1200 baby stroller??
That is freaking awesome. Thrust in your sickle indeed.
You totally made me laugh!!! I love your sense of humor and I am glad that you are ok and no man tried to thrust your sickle or whatever.
If you are next that's ok by me. Grand pa Gile
Post a Comment