Thursday, November 4, 2010

Rantings of the Day

Today our math lesson was on metric and standard conversions, a brain buster for a lot of 4th graders. Seriously, you could smell their hair burning their brains were overheating so bad. While I was watching, and smelling, all of this unfold I starting thinking about decimeters. What the heck is a decimeter?!?!?!? Have you ever seen or heard of anything being measured in a decimeter?!?!?!? A decibel, yeah, but a decimeter? No, I don't think so. If nothing is EVER measured in it, why do we need it in our conversion chart? Just to confuse students? If that is the case it is doing a very good job! Congratulations, Mr. Decimeter on a job well done!

Also today my age was brought up at lunch in the teacher's lunch room. They all acted surprised when I denied being 20 (someone accused me of it, I should have just said I was). I find it strange to believe that people don't think I'm 20. Is it that I look that young, or is it because I act that young?

No comments: