I need a new job. I'm thankful to have a job but you know there a days when your boss does something and you say to yourself, "you've got to be kidding me!" So this morning I find out that we're not working 10 hr days this summer because we need to boost enrollment and being closed on Friday looks bad. This is said after an email went out to the entire campus saying certain buildings will be open with regular 8hr days and everyone else will be on 4 10hr days. This was well
received because even though 10 hr days are long it makes up for it on 3 day weekends. Well my hopes and dreams were
flattened this morning. Awesome start to the day.
Second, my boss lies to my face again. Awesome feeling. And third, she disappears to the Student Rec Center for 30 minutes at 10 am. Weird thing is that the Rec center is closed this week and she comes back with a Starbucks cup in hand while I'm forced to drink a Mr.
Pibb (stupid Coke campus) out of the vending machine because I'm so pissed.
Sorry for the rant.
On the upside I had a very pleasant dream about this gentleman Sunday night which made my Monday pretty good.
No comments:
Post a Comment