Monday, July 30, 2012

Blogging

Something that I love doing when I should be doing a whole bunch of other stuff.

Wild Weekend
This past weekend was AWESOME! I got to see almost all of my favorite people, starting with Codi. She is currently on a gold mining trip and I'm sure will fill in the readers with all the shimmering details as soon as she gets back. I have been in contact with her via text and rest assured she has not forgotten any of the lines from the movie You've got Mail. After our rendezvous I was able to go see a play with some friends. I feel very blessed to have these friends, they are pretty cool. I appreciate them lowering their friendship standards so that I could make the cut. We went to see Urinetown at theater in the park in Shawnee Mission. The play was really good, as well as the company, and the weather.

Saturday I headed to Topeka with my Platte City homies for some swimming and always delicious el Mezcal. It was awesome to watch my niece jump off the diving board all by herself and then do her crawl stroke to the ladder to get out and do it all over again.

Sunday we drove all the way to Clyde, Kansas, USA for a wedding shower, but we had to stop and see Lady A. I know you are dying to see her as much as I was so here are the most current pictures I have.


 I watch this show called Bones and one of the main characters on the show said that babies, when they are born look like the father, so that the father will see themselves in the child and therefore be less likely to abandon the child. When Amelia was born she looked like Brandon, but since he decided not to abandon her, she has stared to look more like her mom. In fact I'm pretty sure we have a picture of Crystal in a photo album with this exact expression.

 I'll never know if my kids look like me when I was a baby, because we don't have any baby picture of me. Right, mom? Bhahahhaa!Kaylin is photobombing us!

You know its summer time when the girls start showing off  their belly buttons.
The wedding shower was nice, and would have been a good place to take some pictures, but for some reason, I didn't. Here's the rest of what I captured. 

 When Aunt Cassi comes to town we throw it into party gear and some kids just aren't up for the challenge. Don't worry, he rebounded.

 Rhysers has excellent eye contact!

 I showed these pictures to my summer school kids and one boys says, "I can see the resemblance." I LOVED it!

 Conni's face still kills me. No wonder her kids are making faces too.

Our own little Mr. GQ
"No wonder the ladies Don Juan anything to do with you." What movie is that from?

No comments: