Monday, November 19, 2012

Poundland

In England they don't call their money dollars, they are called pounds or quids. On my mission I was more than pleased to see that such fine establishments, like the dollar store, had made its way into Great Britian. Here is proof.

And don't get too excited, that bike out front, I'm positive, is not a pound. But all the treasures inside are!

Here in America, my favorite branch of dollar stores is called Dollar Tree.

And don't get too excited, that car out front, I'm positive is not a dollar, but all the treasures inside are!


I love Dollar Tree because I can get cheap crap for my class and students and not feel bad about
spending the money. And when I say "cheap crap" I really do mean "cheap crap" and not "cost effective supplies." Just this week I was able to share a special Dollar Tree testimonial with a co-worker. She came in and told me that her and her husband spent their Saturday night at the local Dollar Tree. She said he was willing to pay for everthing, which doesn't normally happen. I guess you can add that to the list of wonderful things about Dollar Tree; it saves marriages.

Dollar Tree Shopping Tips:
* Every time you see a Dollar Tree it is worth stopping because they are all different merchandise and you might find something at one that your neighborhood Dollar Tree doesn't have.
* There are 2 Dollar Trees in my town and both are ok
* There are 2 in Topeka and my favorite one is just off of the blvd.
* My favorite one is in Salina, if you are ever out that way be sure to stop, you won't be disappointed
* The one in Junc. City is ok, but don't make a speical trip to stop there. If you have already stopped to go to CATO then you might as well walk next door to see if there is anything good.
Happy Shopping!

No comments: