Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lyon County Fair


Ever heard of the Ring of Fire? Well let me tell you it isn't what you think. The Ring of Fire is a death defying ride at the county fair. It costs 4 tickets to ride and if you have an unpleasant experience on the ride, they do not refund you the tickets, believe me I asked. Corey came down for the day and as a close to it we decided that we would blow the last of our cash at the fair. We were able to ride 4 rides, make one trip the bathroom, closely observe the extremely hot bicycle cops, and do one act of service in about 30 minutes, not too shabby. Now I know you are dying to know what rides we rode so read on and I'll tell you.


1. The Octopus- I don't know if this is what they call it at the fair, but this is what it is called everywhere else.

2. The flying ride, the one on your stomach (yeah, don't know what it is called)- this one was quite pleasant and strongly recommended. LOVED IT!

3. The Scrambler- this is Gile tradition. For the many years that we attended the Republic county fair that was the ride we rode, so tonight we rode it to continue the tradition. Unfortunately Codi's latch came undone and even though we swung by the "officials" of the ride at least twice, they did nothing to re-secure the latch. Thank goodness Codi has MacGyver like skills and reflexes was able to fix the problem before she fell to her death on the Scrambler. I'm sure it has happened somewhere.

4. Last but not least, THE RING OF FIRE!!!- a giant circle in which you just went round and round, but before you did that they would take you so far up and hold you there and then run you about halfway back up the other side and do the same thing until you had the momentum to go the full way around the cycle. Lesson learned on this ride was that I have an amazing lung capacity. My throat still hurts a little.

For your viewing pleasure a picture of one Ring of Fire, from the looks of it, this one looks a little more secure than the one we rode tonight.

No comments: