Thursday, October 8, 2009

GO WEST!

Corey, Scott, and I all went out to General Conference this past weekend. IT. WAS. AWESOME. The drive was super long, but well worth it. I got to go to a mission reunion and then to General Conference with old mission friends and Corey and Scott got to hang out their friend Dylan and Scott's brother Lawrence. Even to this very day, almost 3 years later, I am so grateful for the mission I was called to and the mission I was able to serve. A few of us hung around until midnight talking to President Moffat and he asked us if there was any way to describe a mission. We all answered no. There are not words to describe the change you see in the lives of people as you serve them. The biggest miracle of all is the change you can see and feel in yourself. I will love the people I served and served with forever, because they helped me change.


Sister Anderson and me. I look like a total tool, but I'm ok with that.


President and Sister Moffat and Sister Anderson and myself. Sister Moffat was jealous that she wasn't our 3rd companion when Sister Anderson and I were serving together. To be honest, who wasn't jealous?


Saturday of Conference morning I went to breakfast with hands down the coolest 12 year old that I know. Her name is Maryanne, she is Emily's sister (not some random 12 year old I met be chance and then took to breakfast). She is so AWESOME! She has a good head on her shoulders and has really cool goals. I wish (and probably so does my mom) that I was more like here hwen I was 12. With any luck she'll get to come to Kansas for Thanksgiving.

Saturday night I spent more time with Sis Anderson, her mom, and her sisters. I can't explain it but there is something really speical about sisters. If you don't have at least one, I'm sorry, your life will never be full (in my professional opinion, I have 3 sisters and 2 sister-in-laws, putting me in the professional category). It was funny to see that they all interact with each other the way my sisters and I interact with each other, lots of name calling and inappropriate jokes.


By far the best part of the trip was on the way home. Driving through never ending Nebraska Scott, Corey, and I got into a gospel dicussion. If I could choose to talk about anything, study, or listen to anything, it would all be gospel topics. Scott and Corey have about 8 months until they are 19 and can serve missions. I count the months because I am excited and so jealous of them for getting to go. Corey thinks I count the months for a different reason. I know they have the potential to learn a lot and will be good missionaries. Personally, I am looking forward to Corey being humbled.

1 comment:

Miss Badonkadonk said...

Oh, Maryann is my favorite 12 year old too! I'm jealous you got to see her.