Friday, October 9, 2009

Handbags and Such

The comment was made to me, "Codi, you have more purses than anyone I know." This comment could be true but I don't think the person that said this has proof. What caused this comment was that I have purchased two purses this week. The first was one that was on clearance and was okay, but I wasn't in love with. The second, I loved but was more expensive so I rationalized the clearance purse. Well the clearance purse wasn't everything I imagined and so therefore, it caused the purchase of the second. The second is one that Cassi didn't like, which made me want it even more (hehehe). In my defense, I have just been carrying a wallet for the last 3 or 4 months so I thought it was time to upgrade with a new purse. And a store in Emporia has some of the cutest purses, and we just happened to be there yesterday, so as my friend Veronica Corningstone would say, "When in Rome..."
Now for the "and such" part. First, fall is upon us. I love the changing colors, the smell of the fall candles at the stores, and how it is jacket weather. Stacy London and Clinton (vergot his last name) say that a jacket is the topping to any outfit. Since you all know me and how fashionable I am...not, I'm more excited to wear fleece jackets and hoodies than a fashionable jacket, although the occasion may arise. I think ESU is the prettiest in the fall. The colors of the leaves are colors that you cannot duplicate.
Second, I wanted to say that I freaking love my nieces, and my nephew that is on the way. Every time I see pictures of them, i just want to play with them all day. I cannot wait for the next family function, just to be able to see them. They're all getting so big! Peyton is so cute that I just want to steal her. She makes the cutest faces and is starting to walk and Kaylee is wearing panties and can climb this tall latter at the park by her self! Sophia is getting so big and is starting to make more noises and I was able to make her smile at Kaylee's birthday party...my birthday buddy! Finally, Alina is going to preschool and can say her ABC's. It melts my heart when she gets on the phone and says, "hi Codi." I'm just so lucky to have them in my life and they're so lucky to have such amazing parents who share them with me. And I can't wait to spoil the little Rodriguez boy!
Thirdly, I don't know if who ever reads our blog likes our music, but I think I am more interested in updating that than the actual blog. I recently found a song that brings me back to my childhood. It is sung by Jesse and the Rippers. If you know who they are, you probably know the song. Its pretty amazing.
In conclusion, my blog posting isn't as exciting as Cassi's that is why my posts are few and far between. But I am very grateful that she keeps the blog poppin.'
p.s. Sorry for all the words and no pictures. Not carrying a purse means I don't carry my camera. That's all about to change now...

2 comments:

C7 said...

it's Stacy London and Clinton Kelly

Miss Badonkadonk said...

Well, you have no idea just how much your nieces love their aunt codi. Kaylee mentions you daily. Most of the conversations go as follows: "Codi, house?" "No, I think she is at school." "Oh, Codi, happy?" "Yes, Codi is happy."