Well, I just got back from Texas, painting the town with my light skinned girls, as Kanye would put it, and It. Was. AWESOME! The whole purpose for the trip was to go to Ikea in Frisco, Texas. Our trip was a success. How do I know? We went to Ikea once everyday we were in Texas. I had never been to Ikea before and let me tell you, it is an experience. There is so much stuff and it is inexpensive, that is what can get you in trouble. Conni had been wise enough to order us Ikea catalogs so we could do some pre-shopping. Because of this, I had picked out a desk and some bedding even before we left T-town. However, when we got there, I only went through with the purchase of the desk. I know you are dying to know the ins and outs of our trip so here is the break down of how it went.
Monday: Conni, Alina, Lucas, and I left T-town and headed for Salina. This was Alina an hour into our long, long trip to Texas.
Turns out that book she was reading, is not a "page turner" after all.
We spent the night at Crystal's and got to see Brandon and Kaylin (two super cute people who will be joining our family not soon enough).
Tuesday: We woke up kinda early and rolled out as soon as Crystal got off of work. For the most part it worked out perfectly because Crystal, Alina, and Lucas got to sleep on the way down to Texas. We finally got there in time to check in to the hotel and head to Ikea for dinner and some light shopping. I always used to think Sam's Club was the greatest when it came to in store eating, but I now know better. Ikea has way more options as well as better seating. I have basically determined that it is the best place for a date.
Look at this seating and atmosphere!
Conni and I had Swedish meatballs and Crystal had tamales. Delicious! The best part was they have IBC rootbeear on tap! You can't get that at Sam's Club!
This is the back of the van after our first night there. And that was supposed to be our light shopping night! Opps.
Wednesday: We did some more shopping in the morning before heading back for round 2 at Ikea.Conni had to hold everything in from the inside to make sure the door would shut before we left to head back to Topeka on Thursday.
Friday: I put this baby together! I LOVE it!
The only bad thing about the trip was that Codi wasn't able to come. We missed her.
3 comments:
agreed, Codi, we missed you! And what a cute picture of me in the back on the van! Thanks for being nice about the frequent melt-downs as the lack of normal sleep patterns took it's toll!
How fun! I loooove IKEA and have sent them so many emails asking for one in the KC area.
awesome!
Post a Comment