Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ever Had a Coupon Burning a Hole in Your Pocket?

I have. It is worse than having cash burning a hole in your pocket! Why? Because coupons expire. Cash can be carried in your pocket until you convince yourself that you have found something worth buying. That can be today or tomorrow, or 3 months from now and you don't have to worry cash not being good when you go to use it. Coupons don't have such a fortunate story. Coupons, in my experience, don't come to you in your time of need, they come when you are on a budget. And they come with an expiration date. Upon receiving the coupon(s) you convince yourself that the(se) coupon(s) are too GOOD not to be used! In the back of your mind you know that the end of the month is getting closer and if you are going to use the coupon at all, you have to do it NOW! And so you get into your car and you drive to your new favorite store, the store that sent you those too-good-not-to-use-coupons, and you buy that one thing that you saw at your new favorite store a month and a half ago but didn't buy because you were on a budget. And not only do you buy that thing you saw a month and a half ago, you find other things to buy, because after all it is your new favorite store. When you get to the cashier and after you have paid for your purchases you realize that it probably would have just been better to let the coupons expire because wanting to use them tempted you into spending more money than you could have saved by using the coupons. Ugh! The moral of the story? Don't find new favorite stores, and if you do, don't sign up to get coupon emails from them.

So, this is what I got.......

(Above) Believe it or not, this is a keg of Rootbeer! I have never ever seen anything like this before and being the Rootbeer lover that I am, I HAD to get it. I am super-duper excited to try it!
(Below) This is the sarong that I wanted to get a month and a half ago, but didn't because I was on a budget. But the store sends you coupons and a $10 birthday discount via email, so I had to go buy this before the coupons expires at the end of this month. When I got to the store, the sarong was $5 off! Bonus!

No comments: