Thursday, July 14, 2011

Order Up!

This is my second attempt of re-finishing furniture. From start to finish there is a definite improvement. Looking too close, though, will prove that I am no professional.

The chair was my grandma's, but is now property of my sister. This is what it looked like after it was dug out of her basement.
The back
The seat, sans upholstery. It was not very secure and therefore needed some reinforcing because where I come from butts mean business.
I was very pleased with how well I was able to cut and fit these pieces of wood to secure the seat.
This is the green that matched the upholstery material the best. Before painting the chair this color I spray painted the chair a very light coat of white paint to act as a primer.
Finished product! Remember don't look too closely!
These upholstery tacks were quite the pill. Sure they look cute and match perfectly, but they are a job to get nailed in.

No comments: