1. The mountains are beautiful
2. It was TEN times cooler than Kansas
3. We were able to get out of town for awhile
4. Chris was able to pan for gold
While panning in the river all I could think of was the great song by Dan Seals. No matter what else was on my mind I was singing that song to myself. It was very fitting because there were shiny things all over the rocks and sand however I don't believe that was gold, hence the song.
Chris scouted out a wicked camping spot that was night next to the river so we were able to hear rushing water while we slept and it got down to the mid 50s in the evening and at night. We had some friendly chipmunks in our camp ground that were eager to pick up anything that we dropped.
Don't get too jealous when you see the pictures below...
Chris panning in the river
This was taken just down the hill from our campsite. There were a couple rafters and kaykers that came by while we were there.
I was playing King of the Mountain and Chris didn't want to play. We were also exploring the empty campsites looking for firewood
There were tons of people panning in the river. Some were more experienced, some were not but overall it was good to see how others did it. Although we didn't find much it was a good experience.
Chris and I are trying to find reasons that we need to move to Colorado, however the price tag is a bit more than ol Emporia, KS. Chris is already planning his next trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment