VS.

I am a Kansas girl, born and bred, and in my mind there is no where the compares. Even if you compiled all the bad things you could find about Kansas and wrote a list and then read that list to me everyday, I would STILL think Kansas is the bomb.com. Almost exactly a year ago I moved to Missouri. I still work in Kansas and therefore spend half of my day in Kansas but my residence is in Missouri. For an entire year I have thought that Missouri is "ok" but it sure isn't Kansas, but I saw something this week that has added a little bit of light to my thoughts about Missouri. Most schools start here around the 15th or 16th, so naturally the stores have all of their back to school stuff on sale. At the end of this week (yesterday, today, and tomorrow), in participating counties in Missouri, you can do all of your back to school shopping TAX FREE! I don't know tons of details about it, like does it apply to clothes, shoes, and dorm necessities, or does it only apply to paper, pens/pencils, markers, etc. Either way I think it is an awesome thing! The town I live in and the town I work in have tons of families that need all the help they can get, and at a time when the government is working us over with "free" health care bills and tax increases and the cost of gas going back up, it is nice to see local governments easing at least one burden. I don't ever remember our local government in Kansas giving this tax break. Well played Missouri, well played.
No comments:
Post a Comment