I was supposed to stop drinking so much pop for one of my New Year's resolutions. Here we are basically 10 days in and it is not going so well. Luckily I have an interesting story to tell you why that is.
First things first, I am a huge fan of punch cards. You are telling me that I only have to come here 10 times and pay full price for this item 10 times and then I get a free one!?!?!!??! TOTALLY worth it! This is what plays in my mind whenever a sales clerk gives me a spiel involving a punch card. Keep this info in mind as I continue the story. Last year my friend bought me one of those awesome insulated, refillable cups with a handle from Casey's General store (tomorrow when I get to work, I will have to take a picture of it and include it in this post, because it is just too cool not to be honored with a picture), and that is what I use to get all of my refills of pop when I frequent the gas station on my way into work (please note: I do not go every morning, just 3.5 out of 5 mornings). Well...... I found this gas station that is on my way to work, that #1 has a punch card and #2 has all of the pop options that my taste buds enjoy and #3 has $0.51 refills, or so I thought.
The first day I went I was charged $0.51 for my 34oz refill. Of course I was thinking, cha-ching! At gas station I had been going to, they were charging me $0.93 for my 34oz refill. Still under a dollar, but if I can get it for $0.51 AND get a punch in my card I am TOTALLY going to start going to that gas station. The second day I went, I had filled my punch card so my pop was free = AWESOME! Now here is the interesting part, the third day I go, I use the same cup I have used the previous 2 days and I am charged $0.83 for the refill. I was taken a little aback, but I'm not the one to stand there and haggle with the clerk, plus they did punch my new card. I just don't get it. Did the first woman clerk give me a discount because it was Monday? or because I looked cute? or did she not know what she was doing? If that is the case, let's bring her back, please! These inconsistencies on pop refills have happened to me at a couple other gas stations in this thriving metropolis that I live in. Weird.
This is all I know, I have to refill at that gas station 3 more times before I can get another free refill. Whether I have to pay $0.83 or $0.51 (hopefully), I'm not one to let a punch card go to waste.
No comments:
Post a Comment