My kids aren't so good at writing, so I like to think of a variety of writing activities, hoping to find one that will help them get more comfortable with writing. I like to use MSN's this week in pictures to have the kids look at a picture and then write the details or story around that specific picture. We had been working on Ideas and Content and we did an activity where the kids were to look at a picture and find the details in the picture. No guessing, no filling in blanks, just write 4 sentences about what you see.
This is the picture I showed them: (Tons to see, right?)
This was one of the responses I got (spelling and grammar have not been corrected):
In london i see ten sky scraper and time square. I can see thousand buildings and cars going thruout the city. I see glass, metal buildings. I see a person shado Jumping off a Sky Scraper.
Yeah. Welcome to my world. It is a world where London and Times Square are one in the same and people are jumping off sky scrappers. You also don't have to worry about correct spelling, capitalization, or sounding intelligent. That is how we roll in 5th grade.
I also showed them this picture. That snake is one lucky duck. Those guys could hold me ANYTIME! of course I did not tell my class that.


2 comments:
Cassi - your post made me laugh so hard and it hurt my eyes to read what your student wrote. You are changing the world!! Love you girl!
Thanks for your comment! Their writing hurts my eyes too, but for a different reason. It is more of a frustration hurt than a funny hurt.
Post a Comment