I don't know if I have mentioned it or not, but I am a co-coach of the junior high cheerleading squad(s) this year. It has really been a positive experience and I have found that I am quite good at it. In fact, secretly I have been considering myself and my co-coach the BEST of the junior high coaches (mainly because we are very strict with our girls, have high expectations, and you really can't loose at cheerleading), until earlier this week when I TOTALLY forgot picture day and had to have all the girls call their parents to get their uniforms and money. Opps! Minor set back on the road to being the year's best coach.
The uniforms we use were purchased by the school last year. They are pretty nice and have held up well so far. There is only one minor problem. When the uniforms were ordered, "they" ordered sizes to fit that year's football cheerleaders. "They" did not take into account that not every girl is a size 4, or 5. When fitting our girls this year, we have had a surplus of little-bitty uniforms, just a few average sized uniforms and like 2 uniforms for girls who have a lot to offer (if you get my drift). So needless to say after we get our girls matched up with uniforms that fit them decently we feel like miracle workers and a huge weight of worry is lifted off our back.
This is where I would insert a picture of the squad in their uniforms, if I had one, but I don't, so I won't.
GO CYCLONES!
No comments:
Post a Comment