I thought this was too funny not to include. It has nothing to do with my post.
Out of all of the things Heavenly Father could have created us to do and be I am so grateful he created us with the ability to love and to be loved. I don't know much about romantic love because I have only experienced it one time and that was in 7th grade when I looked across the common area to see M.B. in his K-state starter jacket. It was on that day my heart beat truly for the first time. However, I do know a lot of about family and friend love because I am lucky to have so many people love me and to love so many people. There is a song I know and the chorus goes like this:
I've got a timeless place
for you in my heart.
How I could love you this much
baby, I don't know.
There's this ageless feeling
that tells me more and more
I must have loved you before.
that tells me more and more
I must have loved you before.
I am grateful for my heart's ability to expand and to change. I am amazed at the fact that we can love people we have never met before, have only met once or twice, and how we can love someone simply because they are closely associated with someone we love.
I am really sturggling to like my class this year. I admit that I need an attitdue adjustment. Big Time. It has been difficult for me to like and love them. This leads to not having a lot of compassion, patience and sympathy for them. Today, however, there was as spark of love and enjoyment with them. In PE they are doing a dance unit and our PE teacher (who strongly dislikes my kids too) had told them they were going to have to slow dance with one another. Not wanting to miss out on witnessing that, I went to the gym to see them dance. In all honesty I went just so I could see who had to slow dance with who and to laugh at them (I know, I'm super mature). What really happened was the Cupid Shuffle and then the Electric Slide was turned on and I just could not be contained. I kicked my boots off (literally, I wore my cowboy boots today and you can't wear those on the gym floor) and went out and danced with my kiddos. I had a really good time and I'm pretty sure some of them will be asking for dance lesson tomorrow, that or an autograph. Reflecting on this today, I think I have figured out that I can love my kids...but they have to be in someone else's classroom.
1 comment:
Cassi - I love you!
Post a Comment