Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dreams DO Come True!

Call me crazy but I have ALWAYS wanted to be an early morning seminary teacher. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a scripture study class that the teenagers at our church go to every weekday morning before they go to school. I had AWESOME seminary teachers and always wanted to be like them. This past week was my chance. I was asked to teach on a Thursday and Friday and loved every minute of it! Was I near as good as the regular teacher, probably not. Was I near as powerful as my seminary teachers? Hell no, but I had an great time.

Both days the lesson was about Paul's letters to Timothy in the New Testament. Paul is trying to tell Timothy about the apostasy that will soon be coming and then Timothy is suppose to prepare the people (at least that is what I got out of it). Looking back I should have gotten a picture with all the kids who came to be able to document the coming true of my dream, but I was too excited to even think about doing that, so instead I will leave you with the closing thought from Friday's lesson.

The Standard of Truth 
has been erected
No unhallowed hand can stop 
the work from progressing; 
persecutions may rage,
mobs may combine, 
armies may assemble,
calumny may defame,

but the truth of God 
will go forth boldly, nobly
and independent, till it has
penetrated every continent,
visited every clime, 
swept every country, 
and sounded in every ear, 

till the purposes of God 
shall be accomplished, and 
the Great Jehovah shall say
the work is done.

~ Joseph Smith

Part of me thinks that, had it been popular in his day, Joseph Smith should have added a "BOO-YAH" at the end of that. It is probably better that he didn't. 

Anyway.....I need to be humbled before I can be the official seminary teacher, so any advice on how to love girls camp would be much appreciated. 

No comments: