Thursday, May 23, 2013

Stick a Fork In Me

I'M DONE! Well......in 5 more hours! I have been moving out of my classroom this week in preparation to move and set up a new classroom. I "vergot" how much I hate moving. My apartment now looks like my classroom threw-up all over it. Exhibit A, B, C, D, and E.



 This picture didn't turn out so good, but, trust me, it is a TON of stuff! 


I started taking stuff down and home on Monday, so by Wednesday my comfy classroom was looking pretty empty. One of my students even said, "Our classroom is just so....sad now." I told him I would take that as a compliment to my decorating abilities. My classroom looks really sad now, because I am officially moved out, took the last load today! 

In addition to moving out, I have also been trying to make lasting memories before I leave. On Wednesday I loaded up my car with stuff and was almost out of the town I teach in when I realized I had vergotten to make some copies that I needed that night. So... I had to turn around and go back to the school to make the copies. Got the copies made and headed out again. Got 2 blocks from home when I realized I didn't have my phone. Went home and unloaded my car then headed back to the school to get my phone. When I got to the school the doors were locked and no one to help me into the school could be found. However....one of my fellow 5th grade teacher's had left her window open!!! Jackpot! Me and my sexy fat butt (to borrow a line from Fat Amy) knocked out the screen and crawled through her window. From her class I went to mine, got my phone, and left. Mission accomplished! Last year I had to crawl over the 10 foot chain link fence surrounding our school to get into the parking lot, so my record in 2-0! My only regret of both instances is that there is not security camera footage as proof, and I regret not kicking the screen out, because that would have made the story that much cooler!

No comments: