This year at work has been hard. Very hard. For lots of different reasons. A week and a day ago I accepted another position at another school in another town. Since doing this it has been even harder to wrap up the year. All I wanna do is mess around and since I work with kids, it is pretty easy to do.
Friday of last week, I got out a Nerf gun that I have had tucked into my desk and had some target practice with 3 of my students acting as the targets. Yesterday I was "burning" my students so bad that they were asking to go to the nurse for an ice pack. (If you aren't sure what burning is, it is when you come up with a super funny and clever comeback that disses someone. One of my students told me, and the whole class, that one of my few good students was turning into a bad kid, and I replied by saying, "That is probably because he has friends like you." Burn) This morning a student's phone went off during our Math lesson, his ring tone is "Paradise City." Naturally I took the phone away and looked down at the screen where is said "Missed Call" and asked the student who Melanie was. He stared blushing although he had no idea what I was talking about and everyone else started ohhhing and awwwing. I then, because I'm so clever, asked him if he was going to meet up with Melanie in the Paradise City.
I know that making these comments and doing these things is walking a fine line especially because they all take place within the school system. However, in a year where it snows in May and I have behaved so well all year long, all I have left are jokes and burns. We are probably gonna need a lot of ice packs in room 103 before the year is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment