Sunday, February 15, 2009

February, GO AWAY already!

How is it that such a short month can last so long? I feel like we have been in February for a month now and we are only 2 weeks in and still have 2 weeks to go. Wo is me.
Focusing on the positive now. In my biology class we are growing all sorts of stuff and part of our responsibilities is to take observations on our specimens 4 times a week. The class is a Tuesday/Thursday class so that means I have to stop in to the lab 2 other days during the week to make observations. On Friday I went in to make my observations and checked in with my pea plant, much to my great surprise, I had a sprout! Never before have I been successful in growing something, so I am quite pleased with myself. I just hope that when I check it this next week it is still alive.

My sprouts look nothing like this, but I know one day they will reach their divine potential.

One other highlight of the month has been being able to see my nieces. I am so so so lucky to have such awesome nieces. On the 7th we had lunch with them and mom. They were cool as babies but now that they are a bit older and can recognize us and smile when they see us, it is so much cooler. When mom pulled up with Alina and Kaylee, Alina was kind of lounging in her car seat, but when she saw Codi she shot up and had this huge grin on her face. Then when they were leaving Kaylee didn't want to get in her car seat and kept holding out her arms for one of us to pick her up and take her with us. Talk about heartache! It totally stinks that we don't get to see them more. However, we are really lucky to have a mom who would pick them up and drive for 30 minutes to meet us for lunch, and for a brother and sister-in-law who come down to have dinner with us on any random day.

Last but not least, Crystal's last visit was an eye opening one. Emporia has this huge warehouse looking antique shop that I had never been in, but had heard was really good. Boy, is it ever! Crystal went to do some furniture shopping there and then I went back later with her. I think I'm addicted. There is already a weakness for dishes in my blood so I really have to watch myself. There is just so much cool stuff there. If you ever have the awesome opportunity to come to Emporia, make sure you stop by, you will not be disappointed.

No comments: