Kansas Mine.
O Kansas, thou art mine;
O Kansas, I am thine;
Thy love I claim.
Thou land of joy and light;
Thou land where right is might;
Thou land that's ever bright
With honest fame.
Thy very name is dear
Unto my loyal ear,
And sweet it sounds.
I love to see that name;
It gleams with holy flame;
Its glory all proclaim
Within thy bounds.
I love thy prairies wide,
Thy fertile soil, well tried,
Thy rolling plains;
Thy corn, whose verdant sheen
O'er rolling miles is seen;
And waving fields, all green,
Of smaller grains.
Thy groves and vine-made bowers;
Thy wild and lavish flowers,
Give me delight;
Thy streams where thick woods grow,
And mirrored limbs below
Move gently to and fro,
Entrance my sight.
O Kansas, Kansas mine,
Thou evermore shalt shine
With radiance bright,
Like polar star on high,
The guide post of the sky;
And all shall turn the eye
To catch thy light.
O Kansas, I am thine;
Thy love I claim.
Thou land of joy and light;
Thou land where right is might;
Thou land that's ever bright
With honest fame.
Thy very name is dear
Unto my loyal ear,
And sweet it sounds.
I love to see that name;
It gleams with holy flame;
Its glory all proclaim
Within thy bounds.
I love thy prairies wide,
Thy fertile soil, well tried,
Thy rolling plains;
Thy corn, whose verdant sheen
O'er rolling miles is seen;
And waving fields, all green,
Of smaller grains.
Thy groves and vine-made bowers;
Thy wild and lavish flowers,
Give me delight;
Thy streams where thick woods grow,
And mirrored limbs below
Move gently to and fro,
Entrance my sight.
O Kansas, Kansas mine,
Thou evermore shalt shine
With radiance bright,
Like polar star on high,
The guide post of the sky;
And all shall turn the eye
To catch thy light.
__John Edward Everett
http://skyways.lib.ks.us/poetry/kssays.html











3 comments:
happy birthday Kansas! I miss you...
well, gotta love something I guess...wierdos
HA! Just kidding, those are some amazing pictures!
GET SOME!!!!
Post a Comment