Since you read last I have canoed and shot rifles and done a lot of cleaning. Rock Springs gets all of its water from a spring (I know....imagine that). On Tuesday I had the privilege of learning how the water purification process worked and then was able to do my part to ensure the campers and staff at Rock Springs had clean water to drink and wash up in. Basically I, and another girl, got to clean out a GIANT water container. I'm talking one of those cement in the ground several feet deep and wide containers. Lucky for us it had a roof on it so it was nice and cool AND I got to wear my new water boots! BONUS! I wish I had a picture to share but I haven't really taken any yet so keep looking for my updates.
Yesterday, I worked canoes all day long. It gets really hot up by the canoe pond and by 1pm I was feeling the sun. It was my first day wearing my shorts and because I had had such a positive experience with my boots earlier in the week, I wore those as well. SIDENOTE: at canoes the water is 4 ft deep at the dock, sometimes the kiddos don't listen to what you are saying and they do silly things at the dock that make you have to step into the water to correct whatever they just did wrong, hence the need to wear boots while working canoes. Because my boots and shorts don't meet, I now have a 3 inches in the middle of my legs that are bright red. I was getting loads of compliments on the awesome tan line last night!
This weekend is the busiest weekend of the summer is this weekend so we are going to be BUSY. I hope that everything continues to go as well as it has.
Happy Memorial Day everyone!
1 comment:
That burn/tan line sounds amazing...can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment