Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dream Dream Dream Dream Dream

So this morning I have to go take a final but I had the most wicked dream last night so I thought I would postpone getting ready for my final to blog about this most important matter. Lately I haven't been sleeping very well at all. My alarm went off at 6:00am this morning but I was like I'll try for at least a few more minutes of sleep and reset it for 6:30. Somewhere in those 30 min I had this dream:

Suddenly our apartment had a basement and our cousin Terrell and two toddlers (who I cannot remember who they are now) were sleeping over. The toddlers were being brats downstairs so I decided around 7:20 that I would go upstairs and try to get some more sleep. When I got upstairs our entire kitchen was cleaned out and our microwave was sitting in front of our front door that was partway open. More importantly than our kitchen being cleared was the fact that our TV was gone! Weird thing was the TV in Codi's room was still there and both of our computers were right where we had left them. After taking all of this in, I assumed that Codi either forgot to lock the door when she left for work, or she forgot to shut the door entirely. I start taking an inventory of what all is there and what is missing all while in my mind I'm thinking, "We didn't really get robbed did we?" Then I notice that my keys are missing. I scan the parking lot from our window and don't see my car, so I go outside (where it is warm enough to wear PJ pants and a short sleeve shirt apparently) and don't see my car but what I do see is a van from the Philadelphia Parking Authority and there is a guy ticketing people in our complex. I try to approach him but he drives off to another part of our parking lot. When I finally catch up to him I'm trying to explain the situation to him and he is trying to get out of his van and this guy is huge, I mean huge! It is like PJ's dad on Goof Troop getting out of his car! While I'm talking to him he is being so nice and concerned about the situation and eventually he turns into big Brian from the last season of the Bachelorette! Yeah that happened! He asks if I need to go to the hospital and I'm like oh, that is sweet, but I have to go take a final this morning. He tells me where I need to go to file the proper paper work and while he is doing this I remember that my dad had just given me our new proof of insurance slips and I put them in my purse. So I very excitedly tell him that I'll go get those slips so he can have all the information about my car. While I'm turning to go back inside, my mom suddenly appears in my parents van and there is a ticket on it from the parking guy and she starts asking him why there is ticket. She gets pretty heated and I would love to stay for the conversation but I have to go get this information so I can get to my final. When I walk into our apartment our cousins the Moberlys are there getting everything ready to go to a wedding reception for someone in their family. Please note this was the first appearance of the Moberlys in the dream. INSANE!! That was the end of the dream, my alarm went off again and I was more than happy to get up and go make sure my car was still in the parking lot.

2 comments:

The Lost Michiganders! said...

I always knew you were crazy!

Lydia said...

Okay, I have a set of interpretations for you. :D

1. The end of the world is coming, and people are so desperate for food in the famine that they rob your house only of your kitchen stuff, and decide the microwave is too heavy. Better buy some more locks.

2. Codi is going to steal your car and leave you her room and the tv as consolation (along with the other half of the rent)!

3. You feel angry at people who don't belong in your parking lot taking all the good parking spots, and you are taking it out in your subconcsious mind.

4. Most certain of them all, you will marry Brian from the Bachelorette.

Glad to be of service.