SD 550 is a class I have to take for my major. It is called Survey of Exceptionality. Basically the class is about teaching students with disorders. The last couple of weeks we have been talking about speech and hearing disorders. For one of our assignments we had to watch the following video and then write a one sentence response to the video. If you watch the video you might find yourself thinking, how can I sum up my response into one sentence? That was what I thought anyways. Here is the video: http://whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/videos/view/id/408214
I won't share with you my ,more than one sentence, response, but watching the video really made me grateful for my testimony of Jesus Christ. Later today I came across this scripture in the D&C and it made me think of this video. "Yea, verily I say unto you, in that day when the Lord shall come, he shall reveal all things-" D&C 101:32. I had an interview with my bishop where he subtly asked me about my relationship status and then went into a long discussion about how our life here on earth is just a short time compared to eternity and how in the eternities everything will be made right. I wonder how many parents have heard that from a bishop about their little, or big, boy or girl. It is easy to be the messenger of the "life is a short time" message when you are not currently living it. Thinking of that brought me to another scripture: 3 Nephi 17:7, Christ calls for any that are afflicted in any manner and He says, "Bring them hither and I will heal them..." and then He does. Most of the time there are no answers, we just have to turst that the promises made to us are sure and that in the end we will all be healed of whatever ails us by Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment