Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Showering the Bride

Will someone do it please? Just kidding. Kinda.

For those of you who do not know, one part of the dynamic duo Sistagurls is engaged. One hint: it isn't me. But I threw the bridal "open house!" Conni was AWESOME to let us have it at her house, Crystal, Marcy, and Emily did a FANTASTIC job with the food and decorations. Last but not least, our girl Cathy did an AMAZING job helping with EVERYTHING. I have to admit that Crystal gave the best gift, and yes, it was bought at a garage sale. After all she is her grandmother's granddaughter. What was it? A small collection of Pocahontas drinking glasses like these:



Here is the story: Our Grandma Farrell bought us one of these drinking glasses from Burger King about 15 years ago. To be specific it was the one in the on the left. That was the only glass we got and we loved it! Everyone always wanted to drink out of the Pocahontas cup and to this day we still have it. This is what it looks like now:



We have literally loved the picture right off this cup. No other cup has ever been more desired and loved in our family history. So when Codi opened this gift, I had to give Crystal a "tip of the hat" for such a classy gift. However, in searching for a picture to post on this blog, I found my own set of Pocahontas Burger King drinking glasses and now know where to get my own set.

Here are some more pictures from the bridal open house. Enjoy!



Hands down my favorite nephew. This kid can make a girls heart melt. I think it is because he got his Momma's cheeks! He was also the most handsome man at the shower.


Part of the spread




Crafty Crystal made these frames for Codi. Too Cute!



The bride to be. The men were out doing the manly bonding.



Part of the decorating committee. She also responds to "Queen of Gift Giving."




Some randoms who showed up to the shower, probably for the food. They didn't even bring gift, those cheapskates!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought all the pictures of me were supposed to be fat friendly. Someone sure let me down

Heidi said...

This is awesome! I remember those cups!! We all had the stories memorized on the back then they sadly started fading.

The Lost Michiganders! said...

Congrats Codi! I really wished I could of been there! I really need to see pictures of the big day and of little Johnson. I hope your sooo happy and remember my kids need friends! (hint, hint) Love you!