Sunday, January 25, 2009

Always Looking Out For Me

I'm in my last few minutes of work this morning, it has been a rough night to stay awake so I'm so happy to see it almost end. When my shift ended yesterday I had to rush home, take a really quick shower and then hustle over to the university for a day long class. The class was suppose to run 8-2 but the instructor was SO generous and let us out 45 minutes early. The class was a total wash, expect for the fact that I was able to meet and sit by some HILARIOUS people. I don't know what it is, but whenever I find myself in a less than desirable situation I am always able to share it with the coolest people. The instructor needed some training on how to regain student's interested after their eyes have completely glazed over and they are doing sudoku puzzles instead of listening to her (it wasn't me with the sudoku book, had I been thinking clearly I would have brought something, but I wasn't). When I finally get home (what feels like 10 hours later) I tried to sleep, but didn't have much luck. I have to give a talk in Sacrament meeting today about Personal Progress and what is required to receive a Young Womanhood Recognition award. In my research for the talk I found some requires of the program back in the 1960s and one of them was to work on getting 9 hours of beauty sleep each night for a month and then to make it a habit. Oh, how I wish that were still a requirement.

1 comment:

The Lost Michiganders! said...

Wouldn't that be cool if you could make sleeping a Young Woman in Excellence project??? That would be the hardest yet most rewarding project ever...I think it could fall under several values...like Good Works...cause you would be doing a good work for the others around you...Individual Worth...cause you would feel better about yourself...Anyways, have fun and we will see you on Friday!