In all honesty I have no idea what the definition of a deathmarch really is or it is is even a word. When I hear the word (or two words) all I picture in my mind is a line of people stumbling up this dirty, dusty trail to meet a firing squad. I had about 40 minutes to sleep between getting home from Alina's birthday party (which was a blast) and going to work. When the alarm went off on my cell phone (this is the only alarm I use now because my alarm clock proved to be untrustworthy) the one word (or two) that popped into my mind was "deathmarch." Weird huh? The sound my alarm makes is most certainly not what one would be marching to chugging along the death trail so I have no idea why that word (or two) popped into my head. If you are thinking that it is probably because I dislike my job so much that I equate it with walking along the death trail, I would have to say, some nights that is true. Whatever the reason I think I need to change the sound of my alarm.
PS: my trusty friend Spell check just informed me that deathmarch is really two words, so it is death march.
1 comment:
I don't think you should change it. A death march is a fitting sound for an alarm clock.
Post a Comment