Saturday, January 17, 2009

Resolve to do SOMETHING!

I love the New Year. It is a very exciting time to start all over again. I used to get this really exciting feeling on Monday mornings anticipating the kind of week I would have and how I had the power to change and do things differently this week than I had done the previous week. I no longer have those thoughts on Monday mornings, but the turn of the New Year brought that feeling back to me. It is very depressing to me when people say they don't bother to make New Year's resolutions. Isn't there something, ANYTHING they would like to change about their life or circumstances?!?!?!? I know there is no guarantee that the goals we set will ever be resolved but we can at least try. Working on your resolution throughout the year takes a lot of motivation. My motivation is our family Christmas letter. We don't do these every year, but one was complied this past year and in it there was a very lame account of my life. Every last bit of it was true and that is what makes it so depressing. My siblings had babies, moved, became cops, are in their graduating year, etc, and I go to work and school with no end in sight. This next year I am determined to have something good to put in the newsletter. I don't know what it will be (I do know that I will not be getting pregnant because the line "Cassi managed to get herself knocked up this year." will NEVER appear in our family Christmas letter), but I am determined to make my life just a tad more interesting. For those of you lucky enough to receive a Gile Christmas letter, at this time next year please let me know if I have succeeded.

No comments: