Monday, March 9, 2009

Spic N Span

So Codi totally cleaned our apartment today, it needed it bad. I'm so glad that she did it too because with our trip to Chicago we won't have anytime to do some spring cleaning. Another major milestone was passed in the preparations for our trip. I just booked the hotel. If I could get the hotel's website to work with me I would post some pics of what it looks like, but this description will have to work: IT IS SO COOL! The rooms look really contemporary and I'm sure we can get some good design ideas from them. The beds have those big headboards they make on HGTV, so I'm pretty pumped about that. Another good thing about the hotel is that it is in the thick of it all, right where there is tons of stuff to do. Finally, the last thing is that there is only one bed in the room I booked for us, the best part of this hotel will be that Codi and I are sharing a bed! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! A double bed!!!!! It is suppose to be cold while we are there, so sharing the bed won't be so bad after all. Don't worry I will let you know how it all works out.

Now a little catch up. School has been less busy since the end of February and I'm really grateful for that. I have had the chance to talk to some friends recently who I haven't been able to talk to for a long time and talking to them has really busted my spirits (I have more than one spirit). Talking with them as made me want to be a better person and just take care of what needs to be done. I didn't realize it but I think being a procrastinator was making me depressed. I wasn't looking forward to doing anything so I just kept putting off everything. I have learned the error of my ways and am starting to kick my own butt. Codi and I were able to go home on Friday for a family dinner and get together. It was really nice because everyone but Casey and Nick was there. We celebrated Grandma's 75th birthday and once again I was humbled by the incredible and strong women I come from. We also celebrated Conni's birthday, which is today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CONNI!). It was so fun to see all the nieces and how much they are growing. They are all so different from one another, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am so glad that Conni and Nick made the move back to Kansas so that we have the opportunity to see Alina grow for these couple of years. She is so wicked awesome, probably because of her cool parents. She pounds it pretty hard and loves to scream. I don't know if the other nieces know what to think of her yet. I have the chance to make some changes with my jobs and am still working out the details of what may or may not happen. I'm grateful to have a job right now so I can't be too picky about what happens. That is about it for me, for now.

No comments: