On the other hand, there are times that your life looks pretty good. I got a call from the manager at Regency Gardens and she wanted me to work tonight. It has been a good 6 months since I've worked there. Plus they started closing early so some of the employees are out of work. However, they stayed open late on Monday and I was able to polish my waitress skills. I had forgotten how much fun it can be. Just shooting the breeze with random people. It was a nice break from the jail and fun being able to catch up with some of my co-workers that I haven't seen in awhile. While chatting with my manager, she was telling me how some people have really been affected by the cut back and how they haven't been able to find work, in this hard economic time. So it made me think of how grateful I am to have a well paying job and to be able to go to school to better myself.
So...the option of running away is always there, but why run away from something good, even when those bad days seem to outweigh the good?
2 comments:
You are so deep! I wish I could just stay in one place...I keep running away (not by choice) and at times...I don't even know where I am. Like yesterday I woke up in St. Louis and it took me like 2 minutes to realize it. You two are very lucky to have each other and have family so close by....I am truly jealous. Have fun and see you two soon!
You are a good egg.
Post a Comment