Saturday, May 9, 2009

The End is Near

It is 12:30, I'm an hour and 1/2 into my 8 hour shift, I have already, opened my shift, counted my drawer, cross checked guest folios, made a waffle (honestly, my boss insisted, we got a new waffle maker for our continental breakfast and I needed to make sure I knew how to work it), walked the pool area, check my email, made my rounds on Facebook and read up on some blogs. I think that is my favorite about coming to work, checking the blogs I read and seeing that they have been updated. It just makes me smile!

End of Semester Check List:

1. Finished website (check): I spent 4 days on this thing and could have even spent more time on it but I'm glad I didn't because my teacher only spent less than 5 minutes looking at it and grading it. AWESOME! The bright side: I am done with that class and that professor!

2. Leaf Project for Biology (check): Finished on Thursday after biology. It was hard to find the motivation to finish the project seeing as when I get them back, I will be throwing them away. I'm glad we only had to find, identify, and present 9 leaves.

3. Reflection Paper for PE381 (check): I am never sad when a class ends (mainly because that is one step closer to graduation) but sometimes there is some sadness that the time spent with one professor and some classmates is over. I have been lucky to have classes like this the past 2 semesters. Dr. Worrell used to be an elementary PE teacher and is now an amazing college professor. She has taught me more about the characteristics needed to become an outstanding teacher than anybody else in the Elementary Ed. department. I know I am a better person for taking her class and feel really blessed to have had her as an instructor.

4. SD550 Final (uncheck): This is next in the batting order. I had to write a paper for this class and really thought that would be the end of it, but it wasn't. This is Monday's final.

5. MA308 Final (uncheck): Wednesday's final. Probably need to study for this one, more than I studied for the test today. Opps! HHAHAHHAAA!

6. Biology Final (uncheck): This will be a beast! We are finally studying human anatomy, which is my favorite, so it won't be as terrible to study for as the plant and animal tests were. It is still a lot of material though. Sidenote: This class is a prime example of students studying to pass the test and then discarding the information. This week we were taking about our immune system, how it works, what attacks it, etc. and she kept asking us questions about past units (the questions tied in somehow to whatever she was talking about) and no one could give her an answer let alone knew what she was talking about. In a way it is sad, all of those hours I spent studying for those test and I have nothing to show for it now. Oh, well... I guess.

Fun Things to Come:

1. Mother's Day
2. Corey's Birthday
3. Royal's Game (Buck night and FIREWORKS!!!)
4. Corey's Graduation's Party
5. Corey's Graduation

No comments: