Monday, May 18, 2009

The Luckiest

This is the title of a song that normally I'm not too fond of, but the overall idea is pretty good. This weekend was a whirlwind of parties, friends, and family and it got me thinking about how I am the luckiest. Our family is so bless to have so many good friends. And I mean good! There was an amazing turn out for Corey's and Scott's party. Graduation weekend is packed with parties and some of our friends got married this weekend too adding to the list of parties and receptions to go to, but loads of people still found their way to Corey and Scott's party. Then we had a friend of Casey and Emily's help us with our family pictures today. I hope he didn't regret doing it, getting family pictures taken doesn't always bring out the best in us. All weekend I was surrounded by people I love being around.

I went to church with my brother and sister in law and got to meet some of their new friends. My sister in law always talks about her friends and I know she is truly grateful to have them. It drove home the fact that Heavenly Father really does use us to bless the lives of His other children just by being friends with each other. It made me miss my friend Marianne (we met by divine design). I met her when I needed a friend and she always treated me like a friend, even though she knows I'm a complete dork and that I'm not as fun as Codi. I need to do a better job of remembering these blessings, especially as I go back to work and normal life this next week.

PS: Pictures will be posted later!

2 comments:

The Lost Michiganders! said...

I miss you too bff :) You really need to come to Texas! Did I tell you we were looking at your pictures of Chicago the other day and Kylie told me...Look mom, CassiCodi. She totally knows who you both are even if it's just one word! We miss your guts..both of you!

C7 said...

For some reason Cassi seems to believe that she is not as fun as I. I just don't have as much responsibilites as her so it seems like I am more fun which is totally FALSE! We are the most fun when we're together!